Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1994 GMC one ton truck manual transmission, works fine when…

Customer Question
1994 GMC one ton...

1994 GMC one ton truck manual transmission, works fine when you first start it up, but after about a mile it will not shift into gear. you can turn the truck off and restart it and it will shift again for a little while then it starts again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

Ok ill tell you again.. when you first start it it shifts fine after going about 1 mile it will shift out of gear but not back in gear. you can turn the truck off and restarte it and it will shift again for a little while then it will do the same thing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '94 GMC?

One ton dooly

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I figure it has to be something simple ..vacuum line solenoid..

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
Transmission Mechanic: kalamykid, shop owner/tech replied 7 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, shop owner/tech

Does the clutch pedal fell spongy? Have you checked the brake fluid in the CLUTCH master cylinder?

no..and it is full of fluid

Then it sounds like the pilot bearing is bad and sticking to the input shaft of the transmission. This will keep the input shaft turning even if you have the clutch pushed all the way in.

Transmission Mechanic: kalamykid, shop owner/tech replied 6 months ago

Did you have a chance to check the pilot bearing?