Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

Wont go into gear unles rpms are up. No to the switch and…

Customer Question
Wont go into gear...

Wont go into gear unles rpms are up

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

No to the switch and seventeen years old

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2000 ford f150 4.2

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and just lucas transmission fix

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Transmissions
12/16/2017
Transmission Mechanic: hdgene, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
hdgene
hdgene, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, how many miles are on the vehicle? Has the transmisison pan been down recently? What is the condition of the transmission fluid is it black or burnt? No warning lights on or OD lamp flashing?

150 thousand miles fluid is good in color the pan has not been down and no dtc or mil light is on
Cant call sorry

OK drop the trans pan and check to see if the transmission filter has fallen out of the bottom of the oil pump. If the filter is laying in the bottom of the pan, the fluid is aerating. Causing the delayed engagement. If the filter is ok then the problem will be with a forward clutch hydraulic circuit. Either the rubber seals for the forward clutch piston are deteriorated, or the steel sealing rings have collapsed on the back of the stator support and causing a loss of fluid pressure to the forward clutch. Either repair is a transmission removal and overhaul or replacement.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Not right now im going to drop the pan also im over full with fluid

Very good.

If you need more help please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

hdgene
hdgene
hdgene, ASE Certified Technician