Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Stuck in first but gears seem to work but let clutch out and…

Customer Question
Stuck in first but...

Stuck in first but gears seem to work but let clutch out and its like its in park

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

Nothing about the clutch but been hard to get in first

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2006 hhr

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your HHR yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked tran oil it was out so I put some in according to the mamuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Idk

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Transmissions
No clutch seemed fine
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Im in a rush please hurry
12/11/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

In neutral or clutch pressed in, will it roll?

Can't afford a phone call

Clutch pressed in, will it roll?

Thanks, ***** ***** out a differential or brake issue.

These leaves the concern to be in the transmission with the shift forks and shift rail. It is in 2 gears at the same time which is locking up the main and countershaft. The transmission will need to be removed and rebuilt.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Idk... Let clutch out wouldn't move didn't try that's and tire is off

That's not a answer.. How do I fix so I can get it home

You will not be able to fix it without dropping the transmission out and taking it apart. The shifter is stuck in one gear and inside the transmission 2 synchronizers are engaged. You can yank hard on the shifter though you are likely to break more.

What coused this

A concern with the shift forks and shift rail which engage the gears.

U suck I didn't get anything from u

Sorry, you feel that way. I did not break your car and there is not a simple easy fix. Once you do get it towed and repaired, hopefully, you will find my response was correct.

Chris, Merry Christmas

What did you find to be wrong with the vehicle?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris