Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Can I clear my TCM on my Bentley GT 2005 by disconnecting…

Customer Question
Can I clear my TCM...
Can I clear my TCM on my Bentley GT 2005 by disconnecting the battery...When I reset the engine code everything clear and the car shift normally until 4th gear...then the car gears light up on dash and won’t shift pass 4th gear...Is it possible a error code within the TCM causing this? I just want to be able to drive it 100miles to the nearest Bentley Shop...
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Transmissions
12/11/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Pete, Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, Mechanic

Its going to be the same reply that I gave you yesterday. Unless some one else has a better plan.

No but I realized I had a Volkswagen dealership 5 miles up the road...so im going to take it to them for a more accurate diagnostic

Its going to be the same reply that I gave you yesterday. Unless some one else has a better plan. Disconnecting the battery will not cure the solonoid problem and by disconnecting it you might put the tcm in limp mode. Then it will take a factory scanner to recalibrate the tcm.

You can try the vw dealer but I know my local vw dealer wont work on Bentlys. I live in Chicago . Call them first before you drive the car and possibly do more damage to the trans.