Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Sometimes after driving for a time. My transmission wond…

Customer Question
Sometimes after driving for...

Sometimes after driving for a long time

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

My transmission wond shif

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

And the rpm stand on 3000

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Jeep?

My jk is 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

For transmission i didnt try anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just switching the car off

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Transmissions
Hey
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/7/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Edward, Automatic and Manual transmission rebuilder replied 8 months ago
Edward
Edward, Automatic and Manual transmission rebuilder
Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to hel. When you say it won't shift and the RPMs go to 3000 does it move at all or does it just go like 20 or 30 miles an hour and that's all the speed you can get out of it? Also since this problem has occurred as the check engine light been on and if so have you scanned it for codes yet? Thank you.