Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

97 ram 1500 4x4 has 5.9 doesnt want to go into reverse or…

Customer Question
97 ram 1500 4x4 has...
97 ram 1500 4x4 has 5.9 doesnt want to go into reverse or o.d. makes noise in reverse like a grinding but try to move if i dont give it any gas its flashes code 37 and 45
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Transmissions
It shift in and out of o.d. will not stay ingauged noise sounds like it comes from front passenger side
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/7/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

so,,it has no reverse at all?

I can feel it go in put will not pull
Sometimes it will take it the codes that flash from engine light is 37 and 45
Cant call

ok

from the way you explain..i dont see an easy fix for this one..

the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced..sorry.

this transmission has internal damage

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Tran. Was bought online was supposed to be rebuilt worked fine for probley 100 miles could it be in the t.c.c. posibley

you say it has no reverse at all..correct?

the transmission is no good..sorry

Sometimes it will work in reverse 1st 2nd and 3rd work fine goes in and out of 4th

the re builder has something wrong here

i dont think it can be fixed from the outside,,and i dont want to give you false hope

i dont see the need of having you spend more money on it and still have to remove it