Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 turbo. I need to know the

Customer Question
procedure to replace the 1-2...
2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 turbo. I need to know the procedure to replace the 1-2 and 2-3 shift solenoids. I also need to know what the aftermarket trans fluid equivalent is available for this vehicle.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Transmissions
12/7/2017
Transmission Mechanic: tech0405, Technician replied 7 months ago
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

David do you have a GLI model with a DSG transmission ??

Or wolfsburg with a DSG transmission

My apologies. It is the 2.5 not 2.0T.
I don’t see a trim package decal on the back so I would say it’s a base model.

Ok just by knowing its a 2.5 is enough its a 09G trans

Can you tell me what the issue is ??And have you got the shaft solenoids yet?

*shift

No I haven’t. Rough shift 1-2 and 2-3. Changing fluid filter and solenoids for good measure.

Ok we replace the valve body for this issue not just the solenoids since vw does not recommend it and they dont sell them directly from them just as solenoids i recommend you have the valve body replaced as a unit with new gasket and fluid i am posting a link for your fluid and filters this should help you its a aftermarket source for the fluid and filter . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you

https://www.blauparts.com/shop-parts/f2a1014-b.html

Not really. looking for a fluid equivalent that I can get local Autozone OReillys advance auto Walmart etc. also I ask for the procedure to do the job. That is just a link to parts and doesn’t help much. I got the 1-2 shift solenoid from the dealer on an 03 a few years ago. I’m betting it is available for an 06. If not oem through my local transmission parts warehouse. Please post the procedure and a fluid equivalent that would be easy to get locally. Thanks

I will have to opt out because as a vw technician we dont have that info in our repair manual since vw only recommends to replace the valve body and not shift solenoids on its own and i dont recommend any other fluid sold at your local auto parts

Transmission Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 7 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

there is a some shift solenoids available from this link

http://www.rostratransmission.com/replacement-aisin-warner-09g-tf60-tf61sn-shift-solenoid-a-and-b.php

attached is a pic of the fluid you will need to refill . you will need 6-7 qts.

the only thing is that the valve body needs to be dissasembled and cleaned out and make sure the mechanical valves move freely. This is an involved procedure .

the factory only offers the valve body assy because of the many modifications to rectify the shift quality and the banging of gears.

There was an extension under warranty for the shifting concerns but it has expired 4 yrs ago.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang