Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a town country 2006 since three months i start May…

Customer Question
I have a town country...
I have a town country 2006 since three months i start May vehicle and ir is normal until 80-100 km/hr stucks in 2nd or third gear and the check engine turn in on. I already take mi truck yo service and they have changed solenoids, sensors of speed etc etc and i sitio have the problem.
What can i do.? Is ir eléctrical problem.? Or ti is mechanical.?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/3/2017
Transmission Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It sounds as if your transmission is going into limp in. When the trans controller sees a failure that will prevent proper operation it will set fault codes and lock you in a single gear to prevent damage.

There are many possible causes for limp in including speed sensors, the range sensor, solenoids, wiring, the trans controller itself, the front control module, integrated power module, and internal transmission issues.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a code reader or scan tool to see what fault codes are set and then testing can be one from there based on the findings.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician