Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Every now and then when I make a hard left hand turn, the…

Customer Question
Every now and then...

Every now and then when I make a hard left hand turn, the transmission kicks down to low and put in neutral and turn switch off, fire car back up and put into drive it is fine. Doesn't do it all the time

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

Reads full on stick

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

Vue 1

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your VUE?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes cleaning the connectors and changed the relay

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Does the car need to be running when check the transmission fluid?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/28/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

If it only occurs on a hard left then this means the trans oil is sloshing and causing no fluid to get sucked into the pump through the filter. Try adding one-half quart of oil and see if the concern is now gone.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Still have same issue

What have you done so far to try and fix this?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician