Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

02 Lancer with A/T. Trans has been working great. Pulling…

Customer Question
02 Lancer with A/T...

02 Lancer with A/T. Trans has been working great. Pulling off from red light it acted like it was in neutral. Placed in park and then back in D and it jerked a couple of times but then ran great to destination. Hour later with my dad we started engine and put in all forward and reverse gears but it now acts like its in neutral all the time. Fluids are normal. Shift linkage looks fine and it pushes and pulls the mechanism on top of trans. No past problems at all with trans. When you put in reverse or all forward gears it idles up normally and idles down when in neutral or park. I’m thinking electronic since no prior problems.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Redlight signal in town.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lancer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Hopefully I can. I also ran diagnostics check and no codes have shown up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing i can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/27/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

This should not be electrical since the electronics associated with the trans are only there to enable shifting, not engaging. The next step in diagnosing this is a line pressure test to check the pump, valve body, and clutches. So far the results are pointing to a pressure control valve issue.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris