Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

No gear will engage when shifting into it including the 4…

Customer Question
No gear will engage...

No gear will engage when shifting into it including the***** It's a Ford F250 2006 diesel. After starting it wait a few seconds start again it will go into gear sometime it takes several trys but I finally got it into gear once and drove it home the drive was normal no shifting issues so now it's parked waiting on repair. Any ideas what it might be?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

Service has been done on transmission as owners manual suggest fluid level is full 250k miles on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No leaks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Transmissions
I do hope to fix it myself
Haven't tried anything yet
11/25/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Is the tow haul light flashing or are there trouble codes?

When this occurs no gears will move the vehicle?

When this occurs does it grind when going back into park?

No check engine light and no grinding haven't noticed anything flashing but will look for it

Thanks, ***** ***** in your case the converter clutch drain is faulty and the converter is not holding fluid in it and is only half full or the TRP sensor is reading incorrectly.

Prior to starting see if the fluid is way over full, if so then it is the converter drain back valve.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris