Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2002 Altima 2.5L just replaced the transmission…

I have a 2002 Altima...
I have a 2002 Altima 2.5L just replaced the transmission fluid and vehicle speed sensor. Still getting P1574 and P0720 code and car sometimes just revs up with no acceleration. but if I turn car off for 30sec then back on its fine haven't replaced output sensor could that or wiring be the problem or is transmission going bad. fluid looked good and no metal when changing it
11/20/2017
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today

the p1574 code is not a trans code just for the cruse control switch so that will not cause the trans to act up

did you have the trans replace or any other work before you replace the sensor

r u there ??

no other work done I'm working on the car for a neighbor, I'm kinda the neighborgood mechanic

ok where is the sensor located that you replace because there are two sensors close by each other on the trans

I didn't replace it another mechanic did and he was going to charge her $200 to change 4 spark plugs and coil packs so she brought it to me. but he changed the Vehicle speed sensor she still has the old one. But I have seen there is another one closer to the tire

can you teel here the new one is install one is in the side of the trans and one in the top

they are both next to each other one is towards the middle which is the one that is replaced and one is more to the side
I rode in it tonight when it was acting up and the rpm would go up but not mph we shut it off for like 30sec and it was fine so I don't really think its internally the transmission or it would still be doing it after tuning off the car.

ok that tell me that in wrong sensor was replace you will need to replace the other sensor , the sensor that was replace is the rev sensor

the sensor that was replaced had plastic gears, does that help

base on the location that is not the correct sensor

that is not one of them I'm talking about or the wrong one was replaced to begin with
great picture its the Vehicle speed sensor that was replaced

ok do you have a scan tool that can read data ? we need to see if the speed sensor signal is getting to the tcm

not tonight but can get one on the way home tomorrow. I just have the basic code reader

ok you will need that to check the speed sensor signal you may have a bad tcm if the signal is not there you should also check the wires to the sensor to make sure they are do damage

ok I will get scan tool tomorrow and check wiring, and get back with you

also check to make sure the sensors are plug in correctly as per the pic the white wrap around the harness should be on the speed sensor

hi can you please come back to the site and complete the rating as I did not get pay and will not until you do thanks.

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician
sorry just got back I rated you 5 stars but still have questions can you still help me
I'm putting scanner on vehicle and running a test be back in a few