Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmission code 1 2 7 and 8. Open or short on lock

Customer Question
Transmission code 1 2...

Transmission code 1 2 7 and 8

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Open or short on lock solinoid lock or open short on shift solenoid

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

91 accord ex wagon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I'm trying to fix it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I tested the solenoid by connect to the battery and hearing it click and checked the computer for burnt resistor

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Transmissions
11/19/2017
Transmission Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

These are solenoid circuit codes. These can set because of an internal failure in the trans controller, a wiring issue between the TCM and trans, or the solenoids themselves.

If you clear the codes with a battery disconnect and drive the car, what codes return?

Has the wiring been tested?

I disconnected the battery for about 10 minutes. I took the car on the parkway and when I got home check the codes and they came back. They only thing that happens with the car is when I’m driving about 60 mph the rpms jump a little.
I won’t be able to test the wires till tomorrow

If all of these codes are actively setting then you either have four seprate issues or the TCM has failed. The first thing you'll want to do is test the control circuits for continuity between the TCM and trans and test them for a short to power or ground.

Ok I’ll test them tomorrow I took the computer apart yesterday and the capacitor and resistors look good
Let me know how it goes!