Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

I have a 2006 Explorer with a 4.0 V6 and 5r55s trans. it was…

I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Explorer with a 4.0 V6 and 5r55s trans. it was rebuilt including servo pack and all clutches and bands. out it back in the car and i have no reverse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

No all forward gears work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes . started out with no forward, but reverse worked. after rebuild no reverse.

11/18/2017
kalamykid
kalamykid, shop owner/tech

If you shift to manual 1st gear, does it slip?

Did you replace the revers band servo?

replaced the servo pack. but not the revers servo piston

That would be where I would start. You either have the cover bolts loose, the gasket is missing, or the servo is to hard and was damaged during the rebuild.

i will try that.

Let me know what you find.

Just wanted to check in on you and see how things are going.

kalamykid
kalamykid, shop owner/tech
kalamykid
kalamykid
kalamykid, shop owner/tech