Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

Making strange noise when shifting from 1 to second shift.

Making strange noise when shifting...
Making strange noise when shifting from 1 to second shift
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: No just change oil and filter bicause that
JA: What is the model/year of your transmissions?
Customer: And flush transmission
JA: What year is your transmissions?
Customer: 2007 mark lt lincoln
JA: Are you fixing your Mark LT yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ford dealer couldnt find nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
My transmission is making noise when is going low speed 20 to 40 from 1 to second shiftnoise like grrrrr and you can fill tru whole truck vibration and noise .Ford dealer couldnt find nothing it was there for 3 days,they recomend transmision flush.my mecenic did flush ,change filter and trans.sensor and is still the same,nothing change same problem even worst.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What was found in the oil and filter? Any dark discolored oil or burnt smell?

Daniel Wilson
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
He didnt find nothing at my knowledge
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Are you still there
Phone call session started

Yes I am here.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Wat you think

Calling now

Goes right to voicemail

I will be loggin off for the evening soon. i will try again or we will have to continue tomorrow

did you still want the phone call?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Tomorow

If the oil was dark and discolored or burnt before that is an indication of internal problems. I would have the transmission shift pressures checked and also if it has a noise but pressures are okay it is likely it will need to be inspected on the bench after disassembly so in short you are looking at a rebuilt transmission or replacement by the time it is on the bench for inspection and repair.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
How about if oil was good not burnt or nothing i thimk he told me it was good.

I would have them test the transmission pressures and see if they are in specs.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
When you said test amd chek if they in specs. Wat the mean

The shop needs to use pressure gauges and see what the pressures are in the transmission. Then compare the actual to what the shop manual says they should be.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok

If all drive shafts, bearings and drive train components have been checked and the vibration and noise is sure to be in the transmission it will need to be bench serviced and torn down for inspection. At that point you are looking at an overhaul.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson