Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

Where is my transmission speed sensor on 2006 passat 2.0t. I…

Customer Question
where is my transmission speed...
where is my transmission speed sensor on 2006 passat 2.0t. I changed my alternator fusible link and the car wont go past first gear. its perfect on reverse. i didnt do this before.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Transmissions
11/16/2017
Transmission Mechanic: tech0405, Technician replied 3 months ago
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

Good afternoon ,

OK lets start from scratch you replaced the alternator and what exact fuse ??

alternator Fuse the 150Amp.

Have you checked any of the other fuses ? the main strip fuses ?? The trans speed sensor is build into the valve body but more then likely not the issue , do you have a scan tool to check trouble codes in the trans module to see why you are in limp mode ?

Do these faults clear and come back ??

No i tried clearing them because i was suggested to do so but same problem and they eventually came back.

OK check the 2 connectors on the front of the trans housing that go into the transmission right in front of the fans make sure you have no trans fluid in the wiring if that checks out make sure you have no blown fuses anywhere in the vehicle , if that alas heck's out then you will need to put a transmission output speed sensor located on the valve body you will need to drop the transmission pan /gasket and replace the sensor and add new vw oem fluid . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you

would u be able to provide a link to this sensor so i can purchase it i have searched and cant seem to find it.
i will try the suggested and let you know.

Here is the part # 09G927321B that should fit your vehicle for the transmission output speed sensor you can call your local dealer with the vin# ***** make sure ,

Please dont forget to provide feedback for the help i will still help you after the star /feedback rating thank you

tech0405
tech0405
tech0405, Technician