Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Electrical issues wont shift into gear. Its 2004 Expedition.

Customer Question
Electrical issues wont shift...

Electrical issues wont shift into gear

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Its 2004 Expedition. Looks electrical Power locks not working also.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Live in Brooklyn

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Transmissions
11/16/2017
Transmission Mechanic: hdgene, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
hdgene
hdgene, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, does the stop lamps work, the shifter is stuck in park?

Stop lamps work
Transmission Mechanic: hdgene, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago

Ok, so the stop lamps work but the shifter is stuck in park? Do you hear a clicking noise from the shifter when you depress the brake pedal? None of the power door locks work or one or two are having issues?

All locks deag All fuses good after replacing fuse#4.
All locks deag All fuses good after replacing fuse#5
All locks dead. All fuses good after replacing fuse#5
Transmission Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 4 months ago
Michael Solis

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen years of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

I am sorry for such a long delay on your question.

Could I be of any assistance?

The problem is Now just the power locks. Courtesy lights, day running lights not working and the door ajar lights stays on when the car is running.
Transmission Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 4 months ago

Key on Engine off, all this works normal or no?

Normal sir.
Transmission Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 4 months ago

Ok :), give me some time to dig up some dirt, will be back momentary.

Transmission Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 4 months ago

Is it the 4.6 or the 5.4?

4.6
Transmission Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 4 months ago

Thank you, ***** ***** a moment.

Transmission Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 4 months ago

You have multiple issues going on, it will take me quite a bit of time to review everything. I may respond back today, if not will be tomorrow. I am currently studying your case & will work my hardest on it for you.

Transmission Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 4 months ago

I think I found a lead for you :), is this the Eddie Bauer edition or no?

Sorry No it’s not Eddie Bauer
Transmission Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 4 months ago
Ok I am going to give you some details when I’m near a computer but I think we got the answer to your problem
Transmission Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 4 months ago

Do you have a scan tool to read other modules bewsides the PCM?

Transmission Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 4 months ago

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7xy7wx4bmx51v9/drl.pdf?dl=0

Follow this procedure, I want to make sure your truck is equipped with a Daytime Running Lights Module.

what does the courtesy lights do, stay on?

It has to be something like a power source fuse or even a relay that the power locks, day running lights, automatic radio shut off, Have in common. Also the door ajar light stays on.I experimented by connecting a wire between the door and fuse #5 and everything worked. Then the fuse blew. So I’ve identified that the above items use the same ground wire.What do you think?
Transmission Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 4 months ago

The door? are you referring to the door module?

Should have said power locks.
Transmission Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 4 months ago
Ok because I am leaning more towards the door module as being the culprit but in trying to find out as much information as I can from you before I say that is the problem. I really deeply think the DDM is bad, but I need to know more information as basic as it may seems to verify this. The only thing so far that I see does not have in common is the day time running lights for the driver door module but I will look into it further to find out if that fuse co trolls the drl
Transmission Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 4 months ago

are you referring to the interior fuse box 7.5 fuse for f1. 5?

Didn’t realize this was so tough. Referring to the internal fuse box 7.5 fuse.I don’t see the familiarity with this issue. I assumed I was dealing with a ford mechanic.
But I realize that the object is for me to spend my money here and still Ho to ford.
Not fair folks. I’ll have to point this out in the blogs.
Transmission Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 4 months ago

Well it still requires the necessary tools to properly diagnose the issue, I am still trying to help you out. Like I said, I think the DDM is BAD and needs replacement, but we have no communication tools to communicate with it. If you like, I can request a refund for you if you are not satisfied, but I definitely do my very best to help you out. Again, The Driver Door Module is likely the failure. Do you want to know its location? Would you like me to continue reviewing the circuitry of the fuse?

Michael Solis
Michael Solis
Michael Solis