Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 1994 ford pk 6cyl. tranny not shifting right. has a…

Customer Question
I have a 1994...

I have a 1994 ford pk 6cyl. tranny not shifting right. has a jolt when in drive when you step o the gas .

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Yes not a gas hog

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '94 Ford?

Cof

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to fix it but need a place start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is about it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Transmissions
11/14/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 9 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** am a Ford technician and would be happy to assist you with this today.

How long has this issue been present? Did it just start?

This is a pretty common symptom of a low transmission fluid level, so let's check there first. There should be a red/black handled dipstick that will have the transmission level on it, check that and let me know what ya find