Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have my dodge ram 1500 2011. P0750 code. And p00882 tcm…

Customer Question
I have my dodge...

I have my dodge ram 1500 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

P0750 code

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

And p00882 tcm power input low

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Transmissions
11/11/2017
Transmission Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The P0882 is setting erroneously because of the other issue and can be ignored.

P0750 is for the low/reverse solenoid in the solenoid pack. This code sets because the powertrain control module sees a failure on the control circuit for the low/reverse solenoid. Possible causes are the PCM, the solenoid, it's wiring, or an internal failure in the TIPM.

It will require some electrical testing to know for sure what is wrong but you almost surely will need a solenoid pack. The solenoid pack is mounted to the top of the valve body in the trans.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.