Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 98 Camry won't go into gear. Daughter was stuck and car…

Customer Question
My 98 Camry won't...

My 98 Camry won't go into gear. Daughter was stuck and car wouldn't start, someone tried to jump start it and couldn't. I got there and noticed the + cable was loose and tightend it, it started right away now won't go into gear and running lights and brake lights don't work, Fuse???

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

All fluid levels seem to be okay, it's dark and the vehicle is not here.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Wasn't able to drive it home and will be fixing it myself

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Transmission Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 9 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. 4 or 6 cylinder?

are you there?

do you still need assistance? If not it would be nice for you to let me know. Thank you.