Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Install used transmission in an 08 armada 4x4, after

Customer Question
installation there was no indicator...
install used transmission in an 08 armada 4x4, after installation there was no indicator around the gears on the cluster (prindle). we could not communicate with the tcm so we installed the old one and are now having the same issue. no crank, no start, no gear indicator.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Transmissions
11/9/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Nissan mike, Auto Mechanic replied 5 months ago
Nissan mike
Nissan mike, Auto Mechanic

hello this is mike an expert from just answer and a master tech at nissan dealership. with your 08 armada you will need to verify that the 10amp trans fuse located inside the ipdm is not blow and that the 10amp fuse inside the fuse block is not blow after verifying that those are good. you can verify that you have power and ground at the trans connect on the passenger side of the trans if you need the pin and wire color i can help with that. and also will need the tcm to be reprogramed at a nissan dealership with consult 3

if you could please supply the pin and wire color that would be great, Both fuses are good.

okay power are going to be pin 1 is going to be pink and pin 2 is pink and pin 4 is going to be purple pin 6 is yellow with red tracer and 7 is going to be red and pin 9 will be brown with red tracer for power and for ground it will be pin 5 and pin 10 they are going to be your grounds. if pin 9 has no power you will need to test and inspect your ignition relay which is located inside the ipdm and can be removed.

ok, will check those and let you know. thanks.
we have power and grounds. power at pin 9. not sure if it needs to go to Nissan for a tcm "learn" or "recalibration".

yes correct nissan dealership will be your next step for a tcm program/reprogram i see it all the time very common after a tcm replacement new or used or trans replacement new or used. after that the park position signal will illumiate on cluster and all will function properly

OK, it will be going to nissan first thing in the a.m.

thank you for your questions please dont forget to rate me

hello how did your re proigram turn out? did it reslove your issue?

Nissan mike
Nissan mike
Nissan mike, Auto Mechanic