Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Clutch slip on ford new holland 9680 tractor. Clutch is

Customer Question
Clutch slip on ford...

Clutch slip on ford new holland 9680 tractor

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

Clutch is silpping has alwas shifed hard

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1996 bought new

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes put new tramison pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

On

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Transmissions
10/6/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If clutch is in adjustment but still slips and worn out of specs the tractor will need a clutch replacement. If this has been hard shifting or grinding for a while it is recommended you check for signs of metal/debris internally and the drain oil/filter/screen that would confirm internal problems as well. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this.

Transmission Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.