Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I believe my transmission fluid is low but I am not sure how…

Customer Question
I believe my transmission...

I believe my transmission fluid is low but I am not sure how to check it.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?

I just recently had my oil changed less than two weeks ago. But, I am not sure if they checked it or not.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2009 altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. I tried to check the fluid but wasn't able to figure out how to pull it out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car has 160,000 miles on it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Transmissions
10/4/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 10 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Transmission Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 10 months ago

Is your vehicle 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder?