Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

There is a surge,buildup and jerk from first gear to and…

Customer Question
There is a surge,buildup...

There is a surge,buildup and jerk from first gear to and thru the third gear of my V50 2005 volvo wagon's transmission. Is it possible that a vacuum tube from the back of the carburetor to the modulator of the automatic transmission is being pinched in the rubbler area which lies between to metal tubes connecting the transmission?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it the original transmission? Are you fixing your V50 yourself? What have you tried so far?

117,000 miles. I bought it at 87,000 miles on it. I'll be taking it to a transmission specialist in the morning..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, The car was in perfect shape when I purchased it 2.5 years ago.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 day by:
10/5/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

This question is not my expertise but I am willing to try the best I can if you still are in need of assistance.