Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2002 accord hard shifting, code p1751 and code p1739. No…

Customer Question
2002 accord hard shifting...

2002 accord hard shifting, code p1751 and code p1739

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

No leaking, not sure if it is the original transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am fixing it myself. My code reader showed shift solenoid b as the problem. I ordered one from Honda, should be here tomorrow.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The fluid is full,

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Transmissions
10/2/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Master Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Master Mechanic

Good afternoon,

You could start with replacing the 3rd gear pressure switch, but most likely the transmission has additional internal problems.

The P1751 normally means the transmission is toast. This transmission has a high failure rate. How does the fluid look?

kind of dark but clear

In that case I would say change the pressure switch, clear the trouble codes and see how it does. If it slips or acts up afterwards then I would suspect an internal failure and the transmission will need to be replaced or rebuilt.