Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Not shifting properly and sometimes the speedometer just…

Customer Question
Not shifting properly and...

Not shifting properly and sometimes the speedometer just stops working. When this happens accelerating is impossible until I pull over and shut car off for a few minutes then it works fine again

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

Is a 2000 and no leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 transmissions?

Nissan quest auto

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Quest yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just starting but don't know what to start with

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that covers it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/30/2017
Transmission Mechanic: 6Bucs, Ford Senior Master replied 10 months ago
6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master
Hello and thank you for your question. My name is***** need to check the engine management computer for trouble codes to identify which speed sensor signal is causing your problem. If you do not have a code reader, most auto parts stores like Autozone will pull the codes for you or rent/loan you a code reader. Is this something you can do for me and write down the code number? Then I can tell you how to proceed.
James.