Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 1994 BMW 740il and the transmission program wording…

Customer Question
I have a 1994...

I have a 1994 BMW 740il and the transmission program wording comes on and the car takes off sluggishly, but it has been kicking in once I reach a speed of 35 mph, it also drove well on the expressway, with no problems, but in taking off it's luggish and sometimes will just start off going 5 to 10 miles per hour. Mechanic suggested a transmission flush.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes all of the above

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 740il yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, may have to take it in, it is very sluggish today

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Currently it is very sluggish and doesn't want to move forward, but reverse works

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Transmissions
9/29/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are you seeing any messages or faults on the dash at all with this issue here when it occurs?

Let me know,thanks Pete