Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My transmission seems to be clunking when it is shifting ..

Customer Question
My transmission seems to...

My transmission seems to be clunking when it is shifting .. particularly noticeable when I slow down and then speed up again ..... 2017 denali with 60,000km but it was doing it pretty much right when I bought it new ... seems to be getting more frequent now

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

I believe it is the transmission ... others I have talked to have a similar issue ... if you read my first chat it tells you it started pretty much from the start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 GM?

Half ton denali/gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No ... its been under warranty and I have had the dealer look at it a couple of times .. they are suggesting its 'normal' .... it is not normal to buy a new truck and have this kind of clunking

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Please connect me

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

have you been taking it to the same dealership?

I'm already leary of this process ... I am not calling ... please respond by text .... I understand from googling this issue I am not alone so it must be something fairly common to deal with
I do not authorize anything more than the $5. initially indicated to be charged to my visa and that should not be charged without you responding to my question via text.

this question is 26$, you have to pay for good information, im glad you said that I was in mid type about to tell you what to do. just contact customer service for a refund