Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Which side of the clutch plate goes toward the motor ,.

Theinner circle that pops out...
Which side of the clutch plate goes toward the motor ,. Theinner circle that pops out about an inch or the completely flat side on a HD 3500 gmc
9/24/2017
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. the thin side goes against the flywheel

Left or right of pic

the flywheel is attached to the engine so the left side would get mounted to the flywheel

Should the next piece with all the "fingers" pinch the clutch plate between the flywheel and finger piece.
Meaning when I bolt the finger piece to the flywheel the clutch plate is pinched in between not being able to move

watch this to get an idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UmrCl2nLKM

got a handle on it?

I believe does this bearing go on the end of the input shaft

standby

what year is that?

I'm not exactly sure. It's the combination of two dumps made into one

ok so its a c3500?

1991
Hd 3500

ok

yes it goes on the end

Should that bearing be hard to push on

Im going to open this up to the other guys, since this is a mix and match vehicle I dont want to give you the wrong information.

Ok thank you
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

new expert here

did you still help ?

is your question now about the pilot bearing ?

does this go on with eaze or pressed on

it is tapped into the back of the crack with a small socket

you have to be sure the old one is out of the crankshaft before you put the new one in place

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Does any of the clutch hiding need torge wrenched

the pressure plate should be torqued down to spec with a torque wrench or at least evenly if you do not have a torque wrench

33 ft lbs on the pressure place bolts

Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician