Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Well ive got a rebuilt 700r4 in my 4wd half ton chevy that…

Customer Question
Well ive got a...

Well ive got a rebuilt 700r4 in my 4wd half ton chevy that was installed about a thousand miles ago. I am no ASE technician and made the mistake of thinking the TV cable was strictly for kickdown purposes but have come to find out otherwise. Today i couldnt get the tranny to upshift...is it done for or do you suppose it may snap out of it with the TV hooked up

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your transmissions?

'92 TH700R4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am. tried taking the governor plate off and making sure the valve was opening and closing correctly which it did but did not make a difference

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?

206xxx miles on the truck but brand new engine installed at 230xxx

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of..

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Transmissions
9/22/2017
Transmission Mechanic: ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech replied 11 months ago
ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech

HI,

A thousand miles is a fair amount to drive without the TV cable hooked. If the fluid was either burnt smelling or a grayish color when you checked the valve, the transmission is done for. If it still had a reddish color and no burnt smell, then installing the TV cable should correct the issue.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Transmission Mechanic: ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech replied 10 months ago
at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you. Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you