Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

I can't find the input speed sensor on a 2009 Jeep Grand

Cherokee / 3.7L motor, 2W...
I can't find the input speed sensor on a 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee / 3.7L motor, 2W drive
JA: Does the sensor have a wire-wrapped magnet? If so, have you checked it with an ohmmeter?
Customer: I don't know, jeep changed the transmissions in 2009 and the sensors aren't on driver side of the transmission
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I am and the check engine light is on, had it checked at Advance / po717 input sensor A came up & am trying to locate it on this transmission
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
9/22/2017
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are two input speed sensors internal in the transmission. The speed sensors are part of the lead plate on top of the valve body and are serviced with it. The pan and valve body are removed to service the lead plate.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Tim's Auto Repair
Phone call session started

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ugkpx8sislce8f/0922-jeep-DESCRIPTION.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/9ugkpx8sislce8f/0922-jeep-DESCRIPTION.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician