Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

2005 Ford F150. Bucks when shifting into overdrive, around

2005 Ford F150. Bucks when shifting into overdrive, around 40 MPH until rpms get higher.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: 179,000 miles. Just bought it used. No leaking, perfect otherwise, and only notice in traffic, if I have to accelerate slower.
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Done nothing; have only had a couple of weeks.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Is this a single buck/jerk or can multiple ones occur like the engine has the hiccups?

What liter engine?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
It's as if it has the hiccups until the rpms get up/speed gets up to 45 or so. 5.4L.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
If you didn't know any better, you would think it was "skipping", except it does it at exactly the same time, same speed, and no other time.

Thanks, ***** ***** fit a weak ignition coil that is not getting the spark plug to spark intense enough to ignite all the fuel under this particular load. If you can make it occur enough the check engine light will eventually come on and tell you which cylinder is to blame. Another option is a scan tool that can run a power balance test when the issue occurs to see which cylinder drops out. Another option is mode 6 data to see misfire history. I am 99% sure its a subtle intermittent misfire. Normally on this engine that is a coil to blame. If it is in need of a tune up I would do that at the same time.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris