Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Well....My son has a 2002 jetta automatic. Its not wanting…

Customer Question
Well....My son has a...

Well....My son has a 2002 jetta automatic. Its not wanting to go into reverse but does. When it goes from reverse to park it jumps... I had a mechanic check the computer and there were no transmission error codes. Instead they told me we needed to have the front end completely redone..

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

About 140k miles. We do not have a reader

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to try.. The only repairs done were recent oil change, spark plugs and we had the wheel bearings replaced.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Transmissions
9/21/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

When you select reverse are you having to move the shifter closer to P or N to get it to engage correct?

Neither The gear goes into reverse but there's a hesitation and then jump when it does engage and now he says it's making A noise when he's in reverse really and the further back he goes the louder it gets..
Do I get charged every time you respond to me ? Sorry I was just expecting the five dollar fee but I got charge 5+ $23 for this

You are charged the full question value as soon as I respond and once we are done and I have posted an answer. You rate the question so I am paid from your deposit.

Give or take how long is the hesitation?

Can you describe the sound of the noise?

Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris