Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 95 Camaro it takes off in second, it only shifts…

Customer Question
I have a 95...

I have a 95 Camaro it takes off in second, it only shifts one time an that is if u shift it manually an my scanner doesn't pick up any transmission data either

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

I just had it rebuilt the old tranny was doing the same thing exactly

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camaro yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes an I have a new motor but I wonder is it the computer or a wiring problem now that's wat the tranny shop said

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about it thankyou

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Transmissions
9/20/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

you have no power going to the transmission..

perhaps a wire is broken that plugs into the plug on the passenger side of the trans,,or sometimes a bad ignition switch will do this

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.