Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

As soon as it shifts into third gear it just slips and will…

As soon as it...

As soon as it shifts into third gear it just slips and will not continue to drive north going to fourth gear

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

It's a 2005. What brake switch

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 transmissions?

1500*****

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't done anything but check to make sure their is oil and it's where it's supposed to be.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has 182,713 miles

9/20/2017
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

what make and model is this vehicle ?

Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
2005 chevy Silverado 1500*****
Phone call session started

trying to call

with it revving up in 3rd gear the issue is the 3-4 clutches inside the transmission slipping a very common issue

Is their anything I can do about it

the transmission needs to come out and apart to have the 3-4 clutches replaced i am sorry to say

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer