Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2011 Range Rover Sport and got a "Transmission

I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Range Rover Sport and got a "Transmission Fault" message.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, don't know anything about cars. I drove it for about 25 miles after the light came on. No performance issues detected.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Just the warning message "Transmission Fault".

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm in Big Sky in southwest Montana, nowhere near a Land Rover dealership!

9/20/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Any way you can get it scanned to see which codes are stored?

SOme of the more common issue for this model with this light on and no signs of an issue are the trans temp sensor reading incorrect and the torque converter clutch slipping.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician