Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 05 Suburban refuses to go into park. In the days leading…

Customer Question
Hi. My 05 Suburban refuses...
Hi. My 05 Suburban refuses to go into park. In the days leading up to the event, I noticed some stiffness when shifting with the column. I disconnected the cable and tried to shift it from the trans and I get everything but park. Any ideas??
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Transmissions
9/17/2017
Transmission Mechanic: kalamykid, shop owner/tech replied 11 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, shop owner/tech

Is your truck a 2wd or a 4X4?

4x4

Can you jack the truck up so it is on jack stands and all 4 wheels are off the ground?

I don't have stands. It's tall enuff for me to crawl under so I've been doing that.

Can you atleast get the rear wheels off the ground?

I can get the rear wheels up at the same time, but I'm not with the truck now.

When will you be with the truck?

Not until tomorrow evening.

Can you come back to this chat p[age when you are with the truck and it is jacked up so we can go over a few things?

Will do.

Chat with you tomorrow.

I can't swing it tonite. Sorry.

That is ok. Just let me know when you can work on it.