Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I swapped out the auto trans for ZF5. Everything is fine

Customer Question

I swapped out the auto trans for ZF5. Everything is fine with the exception of the cruise control. I lost it somewhere in the swap, how can I get it back?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The truck is a 1996 f 250 Power Stroke
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Does the speedometer work?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the speedometer works fine but runs about 3 slow

At the speed control servo check these wires:

1. not used
  2. not used
  3. speed input, test that later
  4. tan/light blue only powered when braking or with the clutch applied.
  5. input from the switches, test that later
  6. input from the switches, test that later
  7. power with the key on
  8. no used
  9. power only when braking
  10. ground

Let me know these results.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1) Where's the speed control servo located? Will I be reading voltages at the locations indicatefd on the male or female side of the plug?

You check at the harness side with it unplugged. Is between the fender and master cylinder

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will check it out in the morning, thanks

You are welcome