Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

2004 Volvo - trans fluid measures above the "Hot". Checked

Customer Question

2004 Volvo - trans fluid measures above the "Hot" mark.
JA: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?
Customer: Checked this a.m. When I asked Jiffy Lube to change the tran fluid they refused because of the miles which are 273,000. They said it would destroy the trans.
JA: What is the model of your '04 Volvo?
Customer: V70
JA: Are you fixing your V70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not fixing anything myself and have not tried anything. When I am in stop and go traffic and the outside temp is warm 80 degrees the car jumps as I accelerate.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The "service engine" light is on and because of the rough running I don't know how safe it is to drive.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Have you had the computer system scanned to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

That would be the correct place to start, most auto parts store like Auto Zone will do a scan for you at no charge. If you can get me the fault code and or codes I will help you get this resolved.