Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Goes into nutral on hard stops and takes about 30secons to…

Customer Question
Goes into nutral on...

Goes into nutral on hard stops and takes about 30secons to go back into gear

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?

No leaks ben doing this from the go at2600 now has80000 gust tried fluid and filter chang with gm filter and fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your transmissions?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I own the shop im fixing it in have tried fluid and filter gm parts

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Transmissions
9/13/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me the year and model of your vehicle here as well as engine liter size?

Is the shifter itself going into neutral or just the transmission slipping like its in neutral when this occurs?

Is or has the check engine light come on or have any fault codes been checked at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete