Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

It is not shifting out of first gear. Its 160k miles and

Customer Question
it is not shifting out...
it is not shifting out of first gear
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: its 160k miles and what is the brake switch
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2005 ford f150
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am and nothing I'm still searching I've changed the tps so far
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: if i shift it into gears manuialy it works fine but when its in drive it revs up to about 3500 rpm and is like it went into nutral and stays in 1st
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Transmissions
9/13/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Does the speedometer work?

If you use 1 then 2 then shift to drive does drive then work up through 3rd and 4th gears?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician