Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.
19871424

2010 VW CC 2liter turbo. DSG transmission. Periodic issue of

Customer Question

2010 VW CC 2liter turbo. DSG transmission. Periodic issue of transmission going to neutral then suddenly going back to normal. Sometimes it will have "Parking Brake Error" come up on the info screen and transmission will go to neutral. I will have to coast to side of road, stop, place trans into neutral, shut down the car, restart. No 'check engine' light nor any diagnostic codes will be thrown. Dash parking brake switch has been upgraded, or looks as if it has from the manufacture code.
Periodically it will go into neutral for only a second or two, revert back to normal. Engine will rev and once the transmission re-engages all goes back to normal and no message is on the screen. Sometimes it will go to neutral, put the message on the info screen "Parking Brake Error, See Owners Manual" When this second event occurs is when I have to stop, shit down, and restart the car
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need a vin # to get the factory repair information to assist.

second was a total module scan done to the vehicle and what codes are stored please

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here's the vin. WVWMN7AN0AE553967
Yes, it was scanned with an advanced scanner but does not register any codes. The problem appears briefly and then goes away.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.
Any recent repairs before this issue? Any recent accidents?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No accidents. No repairs.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.
Ok let me do some digging and will get back
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. Thanks.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

do you know what scanner make and model was used ?

scanned at dealer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was scanned at the dealer. No code was present. They wanted $$$$ to farther troubleshoot.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

let me check soneting!! hang on

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

ok does this has push button start on the center console?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No push button start.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.
Ok I pulled a recent scan from July showing no communication to the transmission module from couple of modules.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh you have access to such info on my vehicle? Can I get a copy? Also, what does it mean? Do I need to replace any modules?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

yes i do but the infromation is internal use only and cannot supply copies . you have a dsg transmission and the module is internal to the transmission. most likely you will need a mechatronics unit . i see that the mileage is over 177k km's and depending on you you may want to replace the entire gear box or take a risk with just the mechatronics unit replacment.

have you been doing your dsg services every 40k miles?

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

hello again checking in to see if you still need assistance?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating credits me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang