Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1996 f250 turbo. Had the transmission fluid changed. It was…

Customer Question
1996 f250 turbo. Had...

1996 f250 turbo. Had the transmission fluid changed. It was clean and no junk in the pan or filter. While driving it two days later the transmission shifted hard and then started to make a loud clank every time is shifted. I took it back home, about 1/5 mile and parked it. Not sure if I need a new transmission or what the heck is going on.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?

Two weeks ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not done a thing. I am not sure I want to drive it to have someone familiar with my vehicle look at it. Concerned that I could damage it if I try and drive it. and no I am not trying to fix it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is about it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Transmission Mechanic: ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech replied 8 months ago
ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech

HI,

Did you check the fluid level to make sure it was good when you parked it?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician