Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Jerking from 1st gear to 2nd and 2nd to 1st, 05 nissan

Customer Question
Jerking from 1st gear...

Jerking from 1st gear to 2nd and 2nd to 1st

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

05 nissan maxima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just started having the problem and don't know what's going on with it trying to figure it out

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Battery is fine. The whole car jerks I feel this could be transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Could bad drive belts cause this issue

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Transmissions
9/7/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Are you planning to diagnose and repair this concern yourself?