Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 1993 gmc k1500 speedometer don't work it wont shift out…

Customer Question
My 1993 gmc k1500...

My 1993 gmc k1500 speedometer don't work it wont shift out of first gear. I have changed the vss and in reset the speedometer speed buffer, still don't work

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Three years 25000 miles on the gm reman trans. just remaned the t case. brake light work the cruse use to work.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '93 GMC?

Sle seirri

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. changed the speed sensor reset the seed buffer changed the brake fuzz, tried a different insterment cluster.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 5 days by:
9/12/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can be due to an issue with debris build up in the transmission valve body with the transmission needing flushed or an issue with the valve body itself.You will have to have the transmission fluid pressures tested to see if this helps point to the fault here with the valve body itself.In some cases having a flush done will correct this as well as it will free up and remove any debris that may cause issues in the transmission.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Automotive Mechanic