Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I have a 2014 BMW 328d in my shop when you turn the steering

Customer Question

I have a 2014 BMW 328d in my shop when you turn the steering wheel it goes out of gear
JA: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your 328d yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes we a deciding whether to take the job or not we are a repair shop. We have scaned it with a snap-on verus no trans codes it has electric steering
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This is an odd one here.You may have a connection issue to the transmission with an electrical connection coming loose or leading to the transmission or shifter.When turning the vehicle shifts slightly one way or the other and if there is a connection issue this can occur here.I would have this checked to see if any connection issues are found needing repaired or reconnected.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete