6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master
Experience:  Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master Technician
63005990

91 mercury cougar w5.0 trans want shift to high gear could u

91 mercury cougar w5.0 trans want shift to high gear could u please help me

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is James.

Can you tell me the transmission fluid level and condition? Any recent work done on the vehicle? Would you like to fix this yourself?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
its on the mark. color is red I bought the car used they park it cause of the fuel pump the car has been just sitting 7months have replace few things already thanks for your help hopefully u have good news I can do it myself

Ok. Locate the throttle body and on the passenger side of it there should be a cable connected for the throttle pressure to the transmission. Take a look and make sure it is tight, the grommet is not missing or worn out. Here's a picture.

Hello again. Did you still need assistance?