Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

I'm having an issue with the clutch in my car. The pedal

I'm having an issue with...
I'm having an issue with the clutch in my car. The pedal wasn't coming all the way back up even though I could still shift fine. I assumed it was the clutch master and replaced it but now its worse. I don't get any pressure at the pedal at all. I put the old master cylinder in. Before bolting it back in and connecting it to the pedal I tried to bleed. It is much more firm than the new one after bleeding but the slave still doesn't move.
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/14/2017
Merc320
Merc320, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you.

You could renew the slave cylinder and then blead again.

The only other reason for not bleading is if the clutch plate has collapsed ,not allowing the travel to

get all the air out of the system.

When you say clutch plate do you mean pressure plate or friction disc?

Hi

Pressure plate , if colapsed then fingers too far away to blead correctly.

Hopefully the friction disc isn't the problem, but what would cause the fingers on a new clutch to collapse after 2k miles or so?

it is only a suggestion you never mentioned a new clutch fitted.

Have you renewed the slave cylinder.

not yet. I ordered it.
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hey how are you man
Do the slave and master at same time
Chad Farhat
I'm not so good. How are you?I replaced both slave and master and it does the same as before. I think I got it bled out and the hydraulic part of the clutch is working.
Never mind. I got it
Awesome ,you should be doing better now .what was it ?
I dont know why exactly but I 'm assuming it was a super stubborn bubble that wouldn't bleed.

ok

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat