Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Looking for a trans for an 06 jetta. Have a trans code of…

Customer Question
Looking for a trans...

Looking for a trans for an 06 jetta. Have a trans code of GPC but all my parts folks are quoting parts cod as HQN or HXU...

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Volkswagen Jetta. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

It is a VW deisel 1.9 l five speed

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Transmissions
8/4/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 11 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need a vin # please

thanks