Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years GM master tech
19513769

I have a 2003 1500 4wd suburban automatic tranny. It's

Customer Question

I have a 2003 1500 4wd suburban automatic tranny. It's having a hiccup, it seems to go out of gear with no response, can't move forward. had to shift to nuetal, reverse and back to drive. What is the best remedy?
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: it's original, so 2003, with 207,000 miles. brake switch? where do i look?
JA: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not me, I've not done that type of work, nor the equipment. This just started 2 days ago, then it happened again today.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

the transmission is physcially being shifted into all the gears watching the shift cable on the drivers side of the transmission ?

be sure the cable did not pop off the transmission lever

Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

let me know

Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

how are you making out ?

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer